Welch Foundation Scholarship
Over de beurs
Candidates for the scholarship should
- have at least a Bachelor’s degree;
- be within a year of receiving a Ph.D. degree and not more than 2 years beyond receiving a Ph.D.
- Approximately $ 15.000 (US); the current value is given on the IUVSTA web site. The scholarship holder is encouraged to seek funds in addition to the scholarship.
- The scholarship is paid in 3 installments — 1 of $7,000 at the beginning, another of $7,000 half-way through the period, and the remainder upon delivery of a final report after completion of work. A brief mid-term report is required before payment of the second installment.
- The scholarship must be used within a 1-year period starting with the approval notice. The length of study (at least 3 months and no longer than 1 year) is dependent on the cost-of-living at the host institution, the education level of the applicant (pre- vs post PhD), and the availability of other funds.